Face Masks, Wear Yours Like a Pro!
Face Masks Save Lives
*It is possible to be asymptomatic (have the virus and no symptoms)
IF and ONLY IF it is worn correctly!
These instructions are for single use (disposable) masks such as Surgical masks and N95’s.
TO PUT THE MASK ON:
- Avoid touching the mask and handle it by the ear strings only.
- Remove the mask from the package and loop the ear strings over your ears.
- Carefully form the top of the mask (which will have a metal band in it) to fit snuggly across the bridge of your nose.
- Slide your finger in the bottom of the mask and pull it under your chin, tugging it down slightly to make a small pocket at the bottom. (Not necessary with N95’s)
YOU ARE GOOD TO GO!
BUTDON’T TOUCH YOUR MASK OR FACE WHILE WEARING, EVER!!!!
Touching the mask can transmit the virus to your hands, dramatically increasing your probability of catching and or spreading the virus!
TO TAKE THE MASK OFF:
1. When you arrive home, wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds
2. Slipping your fingers carefully behind the ear strings, unhook the mask and let it fall into a secure garbage pail. (Be sure this garbage is handled carefully and kept out of reach of children.)
BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH THE FACIAL COVERING PORTION OF THE MASK, AS IT MAY CONTAIN THE VIRUS
3. Apply hand sanitizer and or re-wash your hands.